National Lockdown update: 6th January 2021
Following the Prime Ministers announcement on January 4th, we have made some changes to our Repairs and Maintenance service. Our priority is the health and safety of our tenants, staff, and contractors and with that in mind, we are only able to offer a reduced repairs service at the moment.
Please get in touch if you need to report one of the following repairs:
- Emergency repairs. This is a repair that cause could danger to life or property if not attended to immediately. Examples of an emergency repair are uncontainable flooding, water on electrics, escape of gas or fumes, an insecure property.
- Urgent repairs. This is a repair that may affect your ability to live comfortably in your home. Examples of these types of repairs are no heating or hot water (October-April), total loss of electrical power, unsafe power or lighting socket or electrical fitting, toilet not flushing where there is no other toilet at the property, hard wired smoke alarms not working (but not battery operated).
- External works. Repairs to fences, roofs, guttering, drainage.
- Annual Gas safety checks will also continue.
Before we carry out a repair at your property, our Customer Service Adviser will continue to ask you some questions to check it is safe for the repair to go ahead. This is to ensure that there isn't anyone within your household self-isolating due to COVID-19.
All of our Contractors have risk assessments in place and will follow all necessary safety procedures for working in your home.
In order to keep you and your family as safe as possible, there are some things that we ask you to do on the day of your repair:
- Maintain a 2-meter distance at all times when work is carried out, remain in another room where possible.
- Open all internal doors and windows to allow plenty of fresh air into the property.
- Clean down all touch points and the work area after use.
If we are due to attend your property regarding a repair or to carry out a gas safety inspection and you or a member of your household develop symptoms of COVID-19 or you are advised to self-isolate by NHS test and trace, please notify us immediately on 01670 528499.
Struggling to pay your rent due to Covid-19?
What to do?
- Ensure that you are fully aware of the financial help available at this time, and ensure that you are taking advice when required. We encourage contact with Citizens Advice Bureau if you find yourself facing financial difficult or unable to pay your rent.
- Ensure that you have kept us updated with any changes to your payment dates or circumstances.
- Discuss your financial troubles with a member of our dedicated team and we will work with you to agree a suitable payment plan.
If you've been affected by Covid-19 find out what support you can get.
Samaritans - 116 123
CALM - 0800 58 58 58
ChildlLine - 0800 1111
Anxiety UK - 03444 775 774
Mind - 03000 123 3393